Name: Ovidiu Jurjut
- Born: 1982, Oradea, Romania.
|2012 - 2016
||Postdoctoral researcher at the Centre for Integrative Neuroscience, Tübingen, in the group of Dr. Steffen Katzner
|2010 - 2012
||Postdoctoral researcher at Max-Planck Institute for Brain Research, Frankfurt am Main, in the department of Prof. Wolf Singer
Skills and Strengths:
- Programming: MATLAB (6 years), C++ (5 years), MySQL, HTML/CSS.
- Methods: Self-organizing maps, Multidimensional scaling, Classifiers, Spectral analysis, Neuronal networks, Statistics.
- Techniques: Electrophysiology, Behavior monitoring, Optogenetics, Microscopy, Surgery, Histology.
- Tools: Adobe Illustrator, Corel DRAW.
- Personal: problem solving mindset, structured and critical thinking, objective, organized and reliable,
addaptive to change, receptive to feedback, good communication and presentation skills, patient and diplomatic, teamworker.
- Languages: English (fluent), German (good), Italian (beginner), Romanian (native).
Scholarships and Awards:
||"Original Idea" poster award, CNS 2008.
||Hertie Stiftung Ph.D. scholarship (1.5 years).
||Coneural-FIAS research scholarship (1 year).
|2006 - 2010
||Ph.D. in Bioinformatics at Frankfurt University, in collaboration with Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies, Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
|2005 - 2006
||Guest student at Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies, Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
|2000 - 2005
||B.Sc. in Computer Engineering at the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Faculty of Automation and Computer Science, Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
|1996 - 2000
||Computer Science High School "Emanuil Gojdu", Oradea, Romania.
Publications: go to page